For Those with Swine Flu Symptoms
First, call your local medical institution
and consult a doctor.
- Confirm the correct procedures for visiting the institution on the phone.
- When visiting, ensure you wear a face mask if you have symptoms such as a fever or
Viruses can travel up to a meter with a cough or sneeze, but wearing a mask can help prevent these molecules from spreading. Please ensure that you wear a mask to help prevent the virus from infecting other people. In particular, patients of hospitals may have low resistance levels due to being in poor health. Therefore, it is important to be mindful of your personal hygiene in order to help prevent the virus from spreading.
Swine Flu Home Check Up
For those with family members who are infected with the flu.
- Keep hydrated and get proper rest.
- Ensure you take any prescribed medicine as ordered.
- Avoid contact with others.
- Keep the humidity in your room at around 50-60% and change the air every so often.
- Wear a mask whenever visiting rooms with other family members.
For Families of Patients
Wear a mask when in the same room as infected individuals.
Ensure you wash your hands and gargle frequently.
Use different towels for infected individuals and the rest of the family.
Plates and utensils used by infected individuals can be sterilised by normal washing and drying methods.
After the Fever has Broken...
Infections may still be spread to others even after the infected individual”Ēs fever goes down, and all precautions should be maintained for at least two days after the fever has broken. If you have any symptoms such as coughing or sneezing, please wear a mask.
Consult a Doctor if...
If any of the following occurs, please contact the medical institution where you were first diagnosed with the flu.
- Your fever continues for three days and shows no signs of improvement.
- Coughing is very frequent and you feel a pain in your chest.
- There is prolonged vomiting or diarrhoea and you fear you might be severely dehydrated.
- Symptoms improved temporarily, but have become worse once again.
Special care is needed for young children, and you should consult the medical institution where they were first diagnosed with the flu if...
- Breathing appears shallow or difficult.
- The face appears discoloured.
- There is prolonged diarrhoea or vomiting.
- They are unresponsive, appear agitated, or are unwilling to play.
Preventing the Spread of Swine Flu
Influenza is a virus that can be contracted in one of several ways, such as breathing in
influenza molecules contained in the cough or sneeze of an infected person, or touching your nose or mouth with a hand that has come in contact with the virus.
- Please wear a mask if you exhibit symptoms such as coughing or sneezing. When not wearing a mask, please cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or
- Ensure you spit out any mucus onto tissue paper and dispose of in a bin fitted with a lid.
- Sneezes and coughs spread molecules that cannot be seen with the naked eye.
Please wear a mask to prevent them from spreading to other people.
Sneezes and coughs can travel up to a meter, but wearing a mask can help prevent them from spreading.
- Please ensure you wash your hands and gargle after arriving home, before meals or after you have come in contact with people who may be infected.
- When washing your hands, ensure you rub the soap in for at least 15 seconds before
thoroughly cleaning your palms, the tips of your fingers and under the nails, and your
- After rubbing the soap in, rinse your hands thoroughly with water.
- If you are unable to access running water, use an alcohol-based hand wash to clean your hands instead.
Make sure the room you are in is ventilated properly. You can also reduce the amount of virus molecules in the air about you by keeping room humidity at 50-60%.